The Cresta by Jonathan Segal – Just Sold!
I had the privilege of representing the buyers of this amazing residence in La Jolla. This beautiful home was built by one of San Diego’s highest awarded architects, Jonathan Segal, as his personal residence.
The Cresta is located on Avenida Cresta in La Jolla’s Lower Hermosa, just one block from the ocean. There are ocean views from the first and second level, as well as the rooftop deck. The Cresta has a lap pool that connects to the water fountain on the front side of the house, which gives the home the appearance that it is floating on water. While this stunning home has glass walls, the way it was designed grants the owner quite a bit of privacy. The living space features walls that open completely, allowing the owners to enjoy San Diego’s near perfect weather.
While the home is over 5,000 square feet, it only has 2 true bedrooms. The property also has an office, wine room, movie theater, basement bar, workout area, rooftop deck and underground entertaining area. There is also a 2 car attached garage with electric vehicle chargers. While I think this home is priceless, my client purchased it for $5,500,000 in the end of November.
Architect/Developer: Jonathan Segal FAIA
- 2014 Builder Magazine Hall of Fame Inductee
- 2004 Residential Architect Magazine, “National Rising Star”
- 2004 PCBC Gold Nugget Award for Urban Housing
- 2003 National American Institute of Architects College of Fellows, FAIA
- 2003 San Diego Home and Garden Survey: “Overall Favorite Architect in San Diego”
- 2017 AIA Honor Award
- 2016 California Council AIA Honor Award
- 2014 Residential Architect Magazine Grand Award Single Family
- 2014 Architizer Magazine Design Award Finalist
- 2014 California Council AIA Merit Award