El Cortez is one of Downtown San Diego’s oldest buildings as it was built in 1927. In 2004, Revial Architecture retained the beauty and vintage look of El Cortez and created the building into condos. It is the 28th tallest building in San Diego and is FHA approved with no litigation.
El Cortez comes with history and is considered a landmark for San Diego. It’s no surprise that the likes of Presidents Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, William Jefferson Clinton, and Barack Obama have been here for private functions at the El Cortez, 24K Don room.
El Cortez Listings
El Cortez Features
- 15 Story High Rise
- 85 Residences
- Year Built: 1927
- Developer: J. Peter Block Companies
- Homeowners Dues: $600-$800 per month
- Professionally Managed by Associated Professional Services
- Mills Act Designated = Very Low Property Taxes
El Cortez Amenities
- 24 Hour Security
- Optional Valet Service
- Community Patio (10,000 sf)
- Fitness Facility
- Community BBQ Area
Activity for the Year 2017
January – December
- Average Sales Price: $349,100
- Average Square Footage: 692
- Average Price Per Sq Ft: $504.48
- Properties Sold: 5
*Information obtained through Sandicor. All information believed to be accurate but not guaranteed.